Planned Giving

Planned gifts are a way to make the ultimate gift to The Foundation. We work with you and your advisors to make these types of gifts work for you and your family.


A charitable bequest gives you a vehicle to share your philanthropic wishes. A bequest may take a number of forms: a specific dollar amount, a percentage of an estate, or of a specific asset, philanthropic desires as listed in a will. While often folks think that philanthropy is reserved for a select few, it is in fact open to all and makes a mark on the organization(s) that benefit from this type of planning and gift.

Sample Will Language
"I give _______ percent (%) of the residue of my estate [or ________ and no/100 Dollars ($_________ )] to the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation, a Nebraska nonprofit corporation. This gift shall be used in accordance with the mission of the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation at the direction of the Board of Directors or its designee."

Charitable IRA Rollover

The IRA charitable rollover is a great way to make a tax-free gift to support the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation.

To make a qualified charitable distribution from an IRA, donors must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift. The gifts must be made directly from the IRA to the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation, and the gift amount cannot exceed $100,000.

A rollover gift from an IRA is particularly beneficial for individuals who:

  • don’t want to take the required minimum distribution,
  • can’t use all of their charitable deductions in a tax year,
  • don’t itemize charitable deductions.

Donors wanting to take advantage of this tax-efficient giving opportunity should make a request to their IRA plan administrator, asking that a distribution be made payable to the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation. Please notify us of your gift intentions by sending this completed form. Please contact Megahn Schafer at 402-421-4742 or for further information and assistance.

The appropriate beneficiary designation for an IRA gift is “The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation, a Nebraska nonprofit corporation.”

The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is registered with the Internal Revenue Service Department of the Treasury (EIN: 46-1740947) and is exempt from federal income tax under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.

Gifts that return an income to you

  • Gift Annuities
  • Give Charitable Remainder Trusts

Life Insurance

The gift of a life insurance policy can be made by designating Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation as the owner of a paid-up policy or by making Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation the beneficiary of other types of insurance policies.

Retirement Plans

Retirement plan assets offer yet another way to support The Foundation. IRAs, 401ks, pension plans and more are all options for giving.

Stock or Bonds

Giving stocks or bonds may provide you with tax benefits. If you have owned a security for more than one year and the fair market value has increased since you purchased them, you may be able to avoid capital gains tax and receive a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value. Check with your tax advisor to verify your individual tax benefit.

Will & Trusts

Many people are told that if you do nothing else to take care of your legal affairs, you should at least write a will or create a trust. That is wonderful thinking and we believe in good advice. Having a will and/or trust, that is properly drafted in accordance with the laws of Nebraska, provides you some assurances such as:

  • Leaving your property to the people and organizations you choose
  • Naming your personal representative. The person who will have the authority to make sure that the terms of your will are carried out.
  • Allows you to select the person(s) that will serve as guardian for your minor children or any adult with special needs.
  • Give you the ability to select the person/trustee who will oversee the assets left for children until they reach a given age if you place assets into a trust.

Please consider making the NFBF a beneficiary in your will or trust.