Mission & Vision
The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the number of Nebraskans who understand and value agriculture as a source of food, fuel, and economic success in our state.
The mission of the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is to engage youth, educators and the general public to promote an understanding of the vital importance of agriculture in the lives of all Nebraskans.
The foundation delivers agricultural literacy programming. An agricultural literacy program promotes an understanding of the connection and value of agriculture in the lives of all people. An increased knowledge of agriculture allows individuals to:
- Make informed personal choices about diet and health.
- Participate in establishing policies that support a competitive agricultural industry.
- Gain an understanding of historical and current economic, social, and environmental issues that affect all Americans.
- Explore employment opportunities in agriculture.
Nebraska Agriculture in the ClassroomTM
The foundation’s flagship program, Nebraska Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC), is a statewide program that helps Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade students and teachers develop an awareness and understanding of agriculture. Nebraska Agriculture in the Classroom:
- Provides resources that encourage active learning with hands-on activities for youth.
- Creates instructional materials aligned to Nebraska State Education Standards.
- Equips teachers with free programs and resources to bring agriculture alive in the classroom.
Every year, Nebraska Agriculture in the Classroom reaches more than
Promotion & Education
Consumer efforts are led by the volunteer Promotion and Education Committee, which is comprised of volunteers from each of the Nebraska Farm Bureau (NEFB) membership regions. Committee members are active farmers and ranchers who serve as speakers on topics such as GMO technology, food labeling, and communicating with consumers. They reach Nebraskans through presentations, hands-on activities, and open dialogues at venues including the Nebraska State Fair, ag safety days, classrooms, retirement centers, local community events, and social media platforms.
Scholarships, Grants, and Awards
The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation was established December 13, 2012. Internal Revenue Service classification as a 501(c)(3) public charity permits donations to the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation to qualify as charitable contributions for tax purposes.