We’re made up of dedicated employees with strong work ethics. Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska.
We reward hard work with competitive wages and an excellent benefits package, including an incentive compensation plan tied to the personal accomplishments and corporate and department goals. Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Education Specialist – Omaha area
Home-based serving Omaha, Nebraska area (candidate must live within 30 miles of central Omaha)
REPORTS TO: Director of Outreach Education
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Education Specialist engages Nebraskans – primarily students – to understand the value of Nebraska agriculture through interactive lessons and hands-on activities.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present agricultural literacy lessons and activities in school settings.
- Recruit teachers and farm/ranch volunteers to participate in Nebraska Agriculture in the Classroom programs including Classroom Visits, the Ag Pen Pal program, Virtual Field Trips, and Agriculture Reading Hour. Manage scheduling and logistics of participation.
- Present at extended learning events such as Ag Festivals, Nature Nights, After-School Programs, Summer Camps, and Virtual Field Trips.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Outreach Education to develop agricultural literacy lessons and resources that are age-appropriate, support classroom learning goals, and promote the National Agricultural Literacy Outcomes and Pillars of Agricultural Literacy.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of program activity, reflecting both numbers and stories, to assist with program funding proposals and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.