Planned gifts are a way to make the ultimate gift to The Foundation. We work with you and your advisors to make these types of gifts work for you and your family.
Stocks or Bonds
Giving stocks or bonds may provide you with tax benefits. If you have owned a security for more than one year and the fair market value has increased since you purchased them, you may be able to avoid capital gains tax and receive a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value. Check with your tax advisor to verify your individual tax benefit.
Wills & Trusts
Many people are told that if you do nothing else to take care of your legal affairs, you should at least write a will or create a trust. That is wonderful thinking and we believe in good advice. Having a will and/or trust, that is properly drafted in accordance with the laws of Nebraska, provides you some assurances such as:
- Leaving your property to the people and organizations you choose
- Naming your personal representative. The person who will have the authority to make sure that the terms of your will are carried out.
- Allows you to select the person(s) that will serve as guardian for your minor children or any adult with special needs.
- Give you the ability to select the person/trustee who will oversee the assets left for children until they reach a given age if you place assets into a trust.
A charitable bequest gives you a vehicle to share your philanthropic wishes. A bequest may take a number of forms: a specific dollar amount, a percentage of an estate, or of a specific asset, philanthropic desires as listed in a will. While often folks think that philanthropy is reserved for a select few, it is in fact open to all and makes a mark on the organization(s) that benefit from this type of planning and gift.
The gift of a life insurance policy can be made by designating Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation as the owner of a paid-up policy or by making Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation the beneficiary of other types of insurance policies.
Retirement plan assets offer yet another way to support The Foundation. IRAs, 401ks, pension plans and more are all options for giving.
Gifts that return an income to you
- Gift Annuities
- Give Charitable Remainder Trusts