Money doesn’t have to be a barrier to building agricultural literacy programs. Many activities are low cost or no cost, and funding may be available to defray expenses.
Century Club Grants
County Farm Bureaus are eligible to apply for one of ten $250 grants to assist in accomplishing their goals. These grants can help:
- Make an impact in your county
- Meet a need in your county
- Create partnerships in your county
The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2020. To submit your grant or for more information contact Phil Erdman, vice president of membership at (402) 421-4406 or email@example.com.
American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture White Reinhardt Mini-Grant
The White Reinhardt Mini-Grant Program, provided by American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture, funds projects that will increase agricultural literacy. County Farm Bureaus may apply for $1,000 grants for education programs for grades K-12 in order to initiate new ag literacy programs or expand existing programs.
There are two application cycles throughout the year.
- Applications due October 15.
- Recipients notified by early January for July projects.
- Funding is issued in February.
- Report is due by November 30 of following year.
- Applications due April 15.
- Recipients notified by early July.
- Funding is issued in August.
- Report is due by May 31 of following year.