County Fair Activities
To help you plan for your county fair, staff from the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation have compiled resources and activities to promote Nebraska agriculture in your community.
- Let’s plan an event! Use this timeline to begin planning your event.
- Consider how each of these individuals can assist in your planning.
- Want to make a BIG impact at your farm or fair? Do it with Learn about Livestock banners!
- A half-sheet handout with short agriculture facts about Nebraska.
- Size: 8.5” x 11” (front/back, two per page)
Fun with Agriculture! Introduce the public to farming and ranching with stations to increase agricultural literacy. Consider the ideas below as stations!
- Use this quick, easy, and brief activity to interact with students and consumers.
- Plant a live seed in a bag to discuss how farmers plant seeds in Nebraska.
- Create a great interactive experience with a desktop computer or tablet of your choice without a connection to the internet! Download the My American Farm app from the Apple or Android store.
- Take students into the corn field, dairy parlor, machine shed or farmer’s market with life sized banners. Order your own banner today!
- Connect with members from the Nebraska Farm Bureau Promotion & Education Committee to gain information about GMOs and Food Labeling. Members from the committee are available to present on these topics to your community. Please contact email@example.com to connect with a member today!