Connecting Chapters is a program that equips high school FFA members to connect with elementary students and peers to increase agricultural literacy – awareness, knowledge, and appreciation – in their communities.
Participating Chapters will:
- Complete an agricultural literacy training.
- Read and donate a book to an elementary classroom.
- Plan and lead one agricultural literacy activity in their school.
- Partner with the local County Farm Bureau to plan an agricultural literacy activity in their community.
Participating Chapters receive:
- Guidebook with lessons and activities.
- Teaching materials to lead lessons and activities.
- A connection to local community leaders.
All program materials and training are provided at no cost.
The work of this program is supported in part by the National Agriculture in the Classroom Grant no. 2017-38858 from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
Current FFA Participants
Connecting Chapters Agricultural Literacy Reporting Form
Please complete evaluation once you have led your agricultural literacy activity. Be prepared to answer questions about the classroom you visited, the activity you led, and student knowledge of agriculture. You will also be able to share a photo of your chapter completing the activity here.
2018-2019 Participating Chapters
Fullerton FFA Chapter