A Dairy Good Day: Win a field trip to visit a Nebraska dairy farm!
Kindergarten through fifth-grade classrooms are invited to apply to win a field trip to visit a modern-day working dairy. Three schools will receive funding to send a classroom (up to 60 students) to visit a dairy farm in Nebraska.
Three dairy farms are opening their barn doors for students to learn beyond the walls of their classrooms. Students will engage all of their senses while they explore:
- The importance and value of agriculture in students’ daily lives
- The relationships among agriculture, food and fiber, animals, health, energy systems, technology, economics, and the environment
- The connections between agriculture and careers
The dairies welcoming students are:
- Larson Farms, Creston, NE
- Classic Dairy, Janssen, NE
- Wakefield Farms, Emerson, NE
All field trips will be completed between October 1, 2022, and June 1, 2023. Winners will be connected to the dairy farmer to arrange the best date and time for the field trip.
- The entry deadline is September 15 at noon central time.
- One winner will be announced for each of the three dairy farm locations.
- Each winner will receive reimbursement for field trip transportation expenses up to $1,500. All invoices must be received by June 15, 2023.
- Winners will be notified via email by September 19, 2022.